rio209 Boardwalk Place
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
With its unique waterfront experience and front-and-center location, rio is Gaithersburg’s most celebrated shopping and dining destination. Here shoppers of all ages enjoy an unmatched retail experience in the heart of Montgomery County. A picturesque open-air shopping environment and vibrant setting are enhanced by a beautiful lake—the perfect spot for a romantic stroll, lakeside al fresco dining, or a family afternoon of paddle boating and carousel riding. With a booming technology corridor along I-270 and dozens of new housing developments nearby, rio is evolving to serve one of the best markets in the nation.
- Beloved regional icon in the heart of Montgomery County with an evolving mix of upscale retail that continues to attract a highly desirable mix of affluent shoppers.
- Park-like, lakeside setting makes rio a destination for every occasion, with waterfront activities including paddle boating, carousel, a new inclusive playground, and special events.
- Premier dining and entertainment including a renovated and upgraded AMC/Loews rio Cinemas 18, popular restaurants like Copper Canyon Grill, California Pizza Kitchen, Yard House, and Uncle Julio's, and fast-casual crowd pleasers like Chipotle, Poki DC and Nando’s Peri Peri.
- Curated shopping and services featuring a mix of boutiques such as bluemercury, Francesca’s, and South Moon Under, anchors such as Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s and Target, and two Marriott hotels.
- Highly visible, convenient location at the intersection of I-270 and I-370 near the ICC and Metro's Red Line Station at Shady Grove, with four garages offering complimentary parking.
Now Open: Silver Diner and Dave & Buster's
Coming Soon: True Food Kitchen
|1 Mile||3 Miles||5 Miles|
|Avg HH Income ($)||108,106||132,777||140,406|
County: Montgomery County
Total SF: 760,000
12500 Fair Lakes Center
Fairfax, VA 22033
|0005||4,065 SF||0030||9,137 SF|
|101||8,882 SF||125||4,057 SF|
|300b||74,888 SF||303||7,049 SF|
|2026||2,780 SF||2028||2,284 SF|
|0001||Corner Bakery||4,283 SF|
|0002||Dick's Sporting Goods||100,000 SF|
|0003||Lanzhou Hand Pull Noodle||1,637 SF|
|0006||Kung Fu Tea||1,240 SF|
|0011||south moon under||4,692 SF|
|0021||Barnes and Noble Booksellers||27,050 SF|
|026A||Revive Therapy & Wellness||1,587 SF|
|100||Copper Canyon Grill||7,000 SF|
|128||Potbelly Sandwich Shop||1,992 SF|
|129||White House | Black Market||3,600 SF|
|136||California Pizza Kitchen||5,963 SF|
|201||JoS. A. Bank||3,772 SF|
|205||Chipotle Mexican Grill||2,449 SF|
|208||Nouvelle Nail Spa||1,008 SF|
|0211||Yard House||7,600 SF|
|212||Bach To Rock||3,598 SF|
|213A||Starbucks Coffee||1,506 SF|
|217||MUSE Paint Bar||2,792 SF|
|220||Lilly Magilly's||1,174 SF|
|0221||True Food Kitchen||6,320 SF|
|229||BGR Burger||2,335 SF|
|0231||Uncle Julio's||9,000 SF|
|236||Poki DC||1,509 SF|
|300a||AMC Theatres||87,504 SF|
|301||Silver Diner||6,881 SF|
|302||Tara Thai||2,895 SF|
|304||Dave & Buster's||35,586 SF|
|307||ZIPS Dry Cleaners||5,909 SF|
|3020||Rooster's Men's Grooming Center||1,252 SF|